Small Business Loans
Great loan options for great people.
Get the financial support you need to grow your business with a flexible business loans. We are known for saying ‘yes’ when everyone else says ‘no’. If you cannot get a loan from traditional banks, we can help.
Our business loans range up to $150,000 and include:
- Loans for starting a business
- Business expansion loans
- Buying an existing business
With Community Futures, you borrow only what you need, when you need it.
Many of our clients start with one kind of loan product and over the years take advantage of our other great loans and programs.
Loan qualification and repayment terms are affordable and flexible. We take a broader view of your assets, income, and skills than traditional lenders such as banks.
Get access to a wide range of business support, including free business guidance and coaching, from our Team, who knows rural business like no one else.
Consideration of a Loan Application
- A successful application is conditional to Legal Counsel review and acceptance.
- An unsuccessful application may be reconsidered upon the applicant submitting a written request to the Board, who may invite the applicant to make their appeal to the full Board.
- If the application is still unsuccessful, the applicant may be forwarded to the Community Futures Association to have the matter reviewed under their redress policies.
How to get a small business loan
Learn more about Community Futures 5Cs of lending
Frequently Asked Questions
The best place to start is to schedule an appointment with our Team.
General eligibility criteria include:
- Your business must be located in the East Parkland region
- Purpose to establish, maintain or expand a small-medium business enterprise
- You must be of legal age and a resident of Canada
- You must contact a traditional lender first. If you are unable to secure appropriate financing under reasonable terms elsewhere, contact us.
If you are interested in applying for a Community Futures business loan, you must be prepared to make a personal investment. We ask that you provide cash plus security (such as vehicles, equipment, land, buildings, etc.) to secure the loan. This shows that you are committed to making your business work.
For more information, contact us.
Yes. All financial institutions including Community Futures will run a credit check on you and or your incorporated company to see if you have dealt responsibly with past loans and debt. More information can be found on Industry Canada's website: http://strategis.ic.gc.ca. There are a number of things you can do to improve your credit rating. Feel free to contact us to discuss options.
Yes. A business plan provides important information about your company's management expertise and viability. Almost all financial institutions, including Community Futures, require that you prepare a business plan. We can provide guidance to help you write it, and provide you with useful tips and tools.
Community Futures East Parkland Board of Directors are responsible for all decisions which are typically reviewed at our monthly meeting.